If you are one of the fortunate salon professionals that have snatched that dream of operating your own business, you want to ensure that it flourishes for years to come. A big part of that is marketing your business effectively and maintaining a good influx of new customers. In some cases this part of the business can be more difficult than servicing your existing clients.
The best option you have is to create a comprehensive marketing strategy and prepare a long-term plan for business promotion. But if you don’t have the time, experience, budget or all of the above to invest in marketing, there are other small and simple tactics to raise awareness and grow the popularity of your salon suite business. In this post, we will present you nine tips to market your salon suite like a pro.
1. Use Social Ads to Target Clients by Location: We don’t have to emphasize that social networks like Facebook and Instagram offer amazing opportunities for every salon suite business owner, but we do need to point out often ignored importance of social advertising. With this feature at your disposal, you can target users by locations and promote the salon suite among people living in the surrounding neighborhoods. This is by far the most accurate targeting option that can greatly increase your return on investment.
2. Publish Before and After Photos: Another reason why salon suites love social platforms is their focus on visual content. This is a major benefit since visual content is over 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than any other format.
Take advantage of this statistic by publishing photos of your clients before and after the treatment. It’s the easiest way to display professional capabilities while publicly acknowledging customers who decided to visit your salon suite.
3. Follow Trendy Events: Salon suite owners can create a list of important events and prepare social content that perfectly matches each occasion. For instance, you can create posts dedicated to Christmas, New Year, Mother’s Day, etc. If you don’t know how to write a nice event-related message, we recommend you to hire an assignment writing service such as Edu Birdie or Brill Assignment.
4. Create How-To Videos: Videos have been dominating the Internet in the last few years. This is exactly why 70% of marketers say that videos convert better than any other sort of content. What does it mean to you as a salon suite owner?
Take opportunities to start creating video content to prove professional credibility and grow the number of social followers and clients. A smartphone camera is enough to produce high-quality content, so you can quickly create educational videos and tutorials showing viewers how to perform beauty-related tricks.
5. Enable Online Bookings: Online bookings are yet another feature that simplifies user experience for potential clients and helps a salon suite owner to increase the number of visitors. This makes the job easier for you as well because there is no need to make numerous phone calls to fill holes in your schedule. Instead, you can let online searchers who visit your site or social accounts make a reservation automatically. A Suite Salon offers all their salon professionals a free app that handles appointments, reminder messaging, accounting, inventory, credit card processing, and even online booking, all in one place and at your finger tips.
6. Install a Selfie Station in Your Salon Suite: You don’t have to be a marketing guru to notice that people are obsessed with selfies, especially after a visit to a salon. According to industry reports, people create a staggering 25 thousand selfies during their lifetime. You can use it to your advantage and place a selfie cabin in your salon suite. It’s a great way to entertain your clients, but it can also give you a fair share of word of mouth marketing.
7. Reward Loyal Customers: On average 65% of a company’s business comes from existing customers. That number is probably 20-25% higher for salon suite owners. The logic is clear – it is much easier to service recurring clients than to attract new ones. But in order to do so, you need to offer special perks and incentives to loyal customers. It can be anything you want because it depends on your inspiration and professional creativity, but a small gift or discounts represent the most common loyalty incentives.
8. Sponsor a Local Fashion Show: Although most marketers are now focusing on digital activities, you still have to act locally from time to time. A nice way to do it is by sponsoring a local fashion show. You can offer free services in exchange for quality promotion in brochures, social media, niche magazines, etc. This tactic will get you closer to local stakeholders, boost credibility, and help you grow the network of professional connections.
9. Don’t Hesitate to Use Humor: Who says you need to be serious all the time? Sometimes the best way to engage the audience is by publishing funny posts and using humor to raise awareness. This won’t only make your social channels more popular but also show that your salon suite is a funny and entertaining place that everyone should visit.
Authored by Kurt Walker
Kurt Walker is a digital marketer at AustralianWritings and a part-time content creator at the best essay help services like MyAssignmentWriting and My Assignment Help. As a genuine essay-writing service professional, Kurt writes amazing papers on a wide range of topics, from marketing to personal development. He is a father of three kids and a passionate basketball fan.